St. Patrick's Treasure Hunt  

Posted by Sarah in



It's time for a photo-scavenger hunt! I know it's just after St. Patrick's Day, but leprechauns are year-round, right? I'd like to invite all 4 Houses to participate in this fun scavenger hunt. Here's your lucky list!

cloak
cup (as in Helga Hufflepuff's cup)
devil's snare
diadem
diary
glass eye
gold
leprechaun
locket
owl
picture frame
pint of brew
scar
shamrock
snake
statue
stone
sword
tombstone
wand



You have until midnight PST on Sunday, March 29th.


Please post all pictures in one blog post on your own blog
with labels and, if you so choose, descriptions!

Your originality marker must be visible in each picture. What's an originality marker, you ask? Something that's in every picture to show that you didn't just find the photos on the interwebs! I used my keychain, others have used a peacock feather, a toy animal, or even their thumb!

All participants will get a badge, and the overall winner will get a set of stitch markers from Bumblebirch. Oooh! Pretty!

Bonus points will be given for completeness, speed, and creativity. And if you cheat these leprechauns will eat you. Good luck!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 at Thursday, March 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 comments

I'm SO in!! C'mon everyone! I bet I can beat you!

March 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Ok, I used to think those leprechauns were funny, and now they're really creepy.

March 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Yeah, Olive. They've definitely crossed over from funny to creepy. LOL

March 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

They look like "It's a Small World" rejects!

March 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM

How the heck are we supposed to put an originality marker on the pics? Sorry, I"m not very computer savvy, I just know how to save images and then put them on my blog...

March 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM

All done! It was so fun!!
I had a "little" help in finding all the stuff. ; )

March 19, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I'm assuming that we're supposed to actually find these items in our actual local world and take a picture of them. Thus when you take the picture you put the thing in the picture.

But then I'm new so I could be wrong. :D

March 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM

A St. Patrick's Treasure Hunt on St Joseph's Day? What would Papa and Nonni think of a nice Italian wizard doing that? ;-)

March 19, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Anonymous  

Here is an example of last year's treasure hunt to give you an idea.
http://bevinraemooney.blogspot.com/2008/10/treasure-hunt-part-2.html

March 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

An "originality marker" is an object that appears in all of your pictures. In Bevin's case, it's the pinecone. I used my keychain.

You just make sure the object is in your picture when you take it. It's ok if the object is blurry or cut off, as long as it can be seen. It proves that you took pictures for this game and didn't find them on the interwebs.

March 20, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Ah, now I get it. I thought this was another thing like quidditch where we just link up a picture... now that I know it's a real scavenger hunt I"m a bit more motivated to do it!

March 20, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Done! I'm a little unnerved that most of it was at hand.....

March 22, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Wow, so many people are done already! Are you having fun? :D

March 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

yay! i'm done with mine finally and with a half an hour to spare!:)

March 29, 2009 at 11:32 PM

was there only 5 of us that did the Hunt?? i was looking at all the blogs and i could only find 4 others and me that did it

March 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM

You may be right!

March 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Which folks did it? I finished on Sat night but haven't had time to look for the others.

March 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM

i'd havta go thru everyone's blogs again to find out who did theirs, i know one person didnt use a "marker" in theirs, one person used a cool blue stuffed monster, another used a stuffed gold dragon, and one used a ruler, and then i used my little sorority stuffed turtle:D

when do we find out who won??

March 31, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Post a Comment