Design Contest Highlights  

Posted by Winnie in

I thought I'd draw some attention to the HSKS 5 Bag Design Contest Winners! I know that some of you have already started your bags, but know that you can never do without too many ideas. Enjoy!

Enchanted Kit Bag
This bag was entered by Emma Wigworthy.

Pattern for a felted shoulder bag designed for the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap. The latin text roughly translates as ‘Never Needle A Magical Knitter’. The swap-specific ‘HSKS’ lettering may be omitted and the embroidery re-positioned to make the bag suitable for other magical knitters!

The glitter yarn used for the lettering and embroidery in the photo sample is a 4-ply (British equivalent to fingering weight - 20wpi) metallic chainette yarn which was knitted double.

Phoenix Rising Bag

My Entry for HSKS5 design contest. Based on the emblem of the Order of the Phoenix in J.K. Rowlings Harry Potter Series.

This bag was entered by Cassandra Puddlemere






I can't seem to find the specs on this bag. If someone can point me in the right direction I'll update this post.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 at Saturday, February 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I absolutely LOVE that sorting hat bag! Does anyone know if she ever wrote out the pattern? My BFF would FLIP over this bag!

February 15, 2009 at 5:05 AM

Bag made by my HSKS4 swap partner for HSKS5. Here's the Rav link:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/BatOutOfHell/magical-sorting-hat-bag

February 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Post a Comment