What To Expect When You Are Snitch Hunting  

Posted by Winnie in ,

I have tried several different methods for leaving clues as to where the Snitch will be hidden, but I believe that last terms method was the best. The Snitch will be released on Friday and I thought that it would be best for me to post a little FYI for the newbies.

The Snitch Will
Be an image of a Snitch
Be hidden on one of the students blogs
Be released up to 1 hour prior or 1 hour after the time posted
Probably take less than 5 minutes to find once the first clue has been posted
Be worth 150 points

The Snitch Will Not
Be in the comments section of anyone's blog

The Clues Will Not
Be posted to anyone's blog who has their posts moderated

A Clue is Posted
So, what happens first is a clue is posted to this blog anywhere up to 1 hour before or 1 hour after the time posted for the Snitch to be released. From there you will be lead on a Magical Goose Chase of clues sprinkled throughout the blogs of HSKS students. It will be up to you or your team of Seekers to figure out the clues and find the Snitch. Usually, if the clue is too hard I will post another clue or modify the first clue which is posted to this blog.

Each house usually meets in their common room while they are searching so that they can all figure out the clues together as they search for the Snitch. The excitement is incredible and the joy of finding the Snitch is amazing! I wish you much luck!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at Wednesday, February 18, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

would it be possible on one of the matches to have the snitch be released after work hours? i want to play, but only can do so after 6pm EST :(

February 19, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Or maybe do it on the weekend next time like last term? I know last term, it was released early Saturday morning Pacific time usually. I can't say anything official, but it's probably too late to change what's going on this time.
~Callisto

February 19, 2009 at 6:50 AM

No Saturdays! Let's have Quidditch Sundays... :D

February 19, 2009 at 7:07 AM

The snitch clues won't be in comments?! Saturdays are the Jewish Sabbath, Sundays are the Christian Sabbath, and all the other days are work days, so I don't know what the best solution is. One of each?

February 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM

is there anything i need to do so that you can use my blog for clues or even the snitch?? im kinda new to blogging:P

February 19, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I thought Sat were good last time, but it doesn't matter to me. I am Christian, but I have Church Sat. nights, and I'm not Catholic either! ;P

February 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM

When someone finds the snitch, what are they supposed to do?

February 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Since there is no "perfect day" that will work for everyone Winnie tries to have a different snitch release day for each match. The next match should be on a different day.

When you locate the snitch you go back to the original post of the snitch release and post in the comments a link to where you found the snitch. Be sure to link the page you found it on, not the actual image. The winner is the first person to post that correct link. There have been finishes that came down to seconds for who posted first.

February 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Yeah, I'm confused about the clues NOT being in comments... where else will they be? Or is there only going to be the one clue?

February 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Shall I amend? I mean the Snitch will be in the comments. The clues will be in the comments.

February 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Anonymous  

Both the snitch and the clues will be in the comments?

February 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

ROFL hehe . . .heh! Don't ask me questions while I'm sleeping! LOL Just kidding. What I posted on the blog is correct. The Snitch will never be in the comments section. I can't get images to post there :( It would make my life so much easier, though.

February 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM

i thought we agreed that we would try to have Quidditch on Sundays!

Saturdays do not work so well for me since I have other responsibilities that I need to attend to.

February 20, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Post a Comment